Wednesday 7 December 2011

A brief history of Bash Nova

Ok, I am going to speak about the history of this project.
This project was supposed to be a NOISE outlet from my other project Swin deorin.

It has now taken itself into new forms.


Abstract, ambient, soun
dscape, nature sounds, found sounds is how it is now.


Ok this project starte
d out as being calleDrekx Umrallho Bash Nova. 

I released Kiss The Mountain (self released). This was my1st album with this project - then there was a nice little single release Honour (released by Creative Obsession - now calleSirona Records).


After that I was collecting noise sessions I was making to release later.

Then it happened. External hard-drive error making me loose EVERYTHING I had been working so har
on.


So then I pushed it to a new direction I rename
d the project "Bash Nova and released Corners. It was self released and I even got mildly positive review - Corners review

Next to come was another self release - Hiding Places - it wasn't well received like the one before it, but I was still experimenting with sounds.


After some downtime and more experimentation with sounds, I made Yoruk. (Released on Sirona) It was different. It was something I had never ventured into. Slow ambience and found sounds for drums. Nonima featured on it remixing a track - I remixed one of his too on it.
I got 2140 downloads. (count on 8/12/2011)


Next it was another slow ambient/sound-scape release calleWhisp. (Released on Sirona) I experimented with tracks like Ambientax where only good sound systems and headphones could pick up the tones, almost too ambient. The cover art was by a friend calleRichard Gaston (name as link to his Flickr)
I got 2472 downloads. (count on 8/12/2011)


Next was a split release with Pollux (link to his site) - Seething Ambience Split .(Released on Sirona)
Pollux is the man behin
d Sirona and is very well known in the low-bit/netlabel scene.

My latest release is Ferox Equus (Release
d on Sirona) - that being Latin for "wild horse".

It has reached 3135 downloads to date (count on 8/12/2011).


I also maintain the Bash Nova soundcloud, my most recent tracks on it are from my new and upcoming album - a working title is "Regeneration Halo".
I have 2 tracks of a wanted 6 but I am wanting to go lo-fi with it so I may go 10 tracks!

I'll be posting something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment